Estio Training Leeds Local Review by Jack H, 21/08/2019
GO ELSEWHERE FOR YOUR APPRENTICESHIP!!
From day 1, the whole process has been a shambles.
Even the induction was a mess, when you would think that the company would want to give a great first impression. We were told that the induction would be for the whole day, so booked train tickets accordingly, only to find out on the day that the induction process took around 2 hours! Most of this time was spent trying to access the computers to complete a couple of pieces of paperwork which could have been completed remotely anyway.
Other issues that have occurred since then are;
- Last minute cancellation/amendment of days spent in Leeds
- Turning up at Estio to take an exam, only to be told that the exam had been cancelled
- Tests not being booked in until around 3/4 months after the lessons had completed
- Inadequate coaching, making the whole portfolio process long winded and difficult.
- Poor communication
- Schedule amendments at least 3/4 times.
- No SQL on my schedule, despite other people on the course having taken this. This was only added to my schedule because i questioned it.
....... and more!
Thankfully, there have been a couple of positives;
- The quality of the remote sessions and the knowledge of the trainer has been excellent. Gio has been fantastic and really helpful, putting on extra revision sessions before exams despite her busy schedule.
- The SQL week, again the trainer was excellent and a lot was learnt during the week.
Having spoken to other learners on the course, i know i'm not the only one that has had a negative experience with Estio.
Reply left 21/08/2019: Hi Jack. We're disappointed to hear that your experience with Estio has not been as satisfying as you'd have hoped. Please be reassured that we are dealing with the issues you have raised and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. A member of our Customer Care team will be in touch shortly to help us understand more.