Often with your Google My Business (GMB) listing it becomes necessary for other users to have access to make certain changes. The best way to give this access is by sending an invitation via the GMB dashboard, as this means they’ll have the access level you desire without you needing to share your login details at all.
There are a few different levels of access for Owners, Managers and Site Manages with different permissions for each. For example, only owners of the listing have the capacity to add or remove users.
Adding Users to a Profile
- On your computer, sign into your Google My Business (GMB) and open the location you wish to use.
- Click ‘Users’ in the menu on the left.
- Click the ‘Invite new users’ button in the top right
- Then, you can enter either the new user’s name, or email address. Note that to add an agency to your location, the agency’s location ID needs to be added here.
- To delegate roles to new users, you click ‘Choose a role’ and then select the appropriate role for that user, whether it’s Owner, Manager or Site Manager.
- Now all you need to do is press the ‘Invite’ button. This will send an invitation to your chosen recipients and when they accept they will immediately become shared users.
On this page, you will see all active users and pending invitations. To cancel the invites that are pending, just click the ‘X’ that’s in the row of the invitation you’d like to cancel.
When an invite is accepted, the profile owners receive a notification via email. All user names and email addresses can be found within the account by anyone who has access to it.
Removing Owners or Managers
- Sign into your GMB on your computer, choosing the location you’d like to use.
- Then click ‘Users’, which can be found on the left.
- And then, simply press ‘Remove’ next to the user you’re wanting to remove from the profile.
If you’re trying to remove the primary owner of the profile, the primary ownership needs to be passed on to someone else so that they then have the power to do that. Only Owners can remove other owners and managers.
Like an accepted invite, a notification will be sent out through email when a user has been removed from the profile. The removed user will no longer be able to edit business information or partake in any administrative activity for the profile. Despite this, all their past posts, review responses and edits will all remain on the profile meaning no progress will be lost.
Why use Google My Business?
Having a solid presence in Google is key to a business’ success, not least because it is the most used search engine in the world. If you run a company, creating a Google My Business account can help a great deal with your local SEO (search engine optimisation).
This means that when members of your target audience undertake a Google search looking for local businesses within your particular service area, you’ll appear in a good position within the search results if your GMB listing is well-optimised.
For more information about why Google My Business is important, please click here.
If you don’t have your Google My Business listing set up yet, you can find advice on how to do this here.